Tight project deadlines and stringent expectations are the norms in today’s tire-based and cost conscious global business environment. Written from a managerial perspective, the text equips you with the quantitative shells, knowledge of organizational issues, and insights into human behaviour that you need to do project management effectively.
The book aims to help project managers to learn technical and interpersonal skills for achieving the project objective. This book attempts to bring the entire spectrum of project management into perspective with an astute analysis of what it is all about. As can be seen, the chapters deal with the subject in a most comprehensive manner. They include:
• Project Management: Introduction
• Need for Project Management
• Tools of Project Management
• Project Planning and Implementation
• Role and Duties of the Project Manager
• Use of Management by Objectives in Project Management
• Managing and Handling Complex Projects
• Project Optimization
• Project Economics
• Learning Curve Analysis for Project Control
• Tools, Techniques and Training for Keeping the Project Update
• Profiles of Project Managers
The book will be highly useful for graduates, postgraduates and MBA students alike."