Bioinformatics is a field which uses computers to store and analyse molecular biological information. It is the study of the application of computer and statistical techniques to the management of information. At the beginning of the 21st century, scientists began sequencing entire species genomes and storing them on computers allowing for the use of bioinformatics to model and track a number of fascinating things. One of these applications is in deducing evolutionary change in a species. The other applications of bioinformatics including predicting entire protein strands, learning how genes express themselves in various species, and building complex models of entire cells. As computing power increases and our databases of genetic and molecular information expand, the realm of bioinformatics is sure to grow and change drastically, allowing us to build models of incredible complexity and utility.
This book "Trends in Bioinformatics" is a collection of recent investigation of Bioinformatics and the compendium of paper contained in this volume will serve to further cause of Bioinformatics research. The contents includes
• Rice Functional Genomics • Potentials of Fold Recognition Methods in Structure Prediction of Acyl Homoserine Lactone Synthases
• Bioinformatics—Features and Methods
• Datamining in Bioinformatics • Database on Tree Species • Drug—DNA • Functional Genomics Approach for Cancer Classification
• Stemness of a Stem Cell • Developing Integrative Bioinformatics Systems
• Mathematical Modeling in Molecular Modeling • Genome Compression
• Homology Modelling of HSCA Molecular Chaperone • Bioinformatics Tools to Explore G Protein Coupled Receptors • Establishment of Web Communities in Bioinformatics
• Biological Web Database • Bioinformatics Application Tool Using—Visual Basic and Perl • Homology Modeling • Networks as Development Tool for Forest Information Flow • Pharmacogenomics—Drugs by Design • Tools for Bioinformatics • Bioinformatics in Drug Discovery Process • Construction of Database, Visualization and Analysis Tools for the Enzyme Catalase and Integration into Web page • Venom as a Drug, etc.